Monday, November 19, 2012

50 symbols/logotypes

These are the 50 logo/logotypes I developed off of two of my symbols from the original hundred. The idea of unique zebra stripes representing each unique pair of earrings and a ripple of water developed from the idea of the tagline, a splash of class and also the fact that ripples are also unique.

< I started with refining my mark for the first ten and coming up which possible variations. For example with different placement of line and weight of line.

< Next I moved onto illustrator where I combine the logos with typefaces I had chosen based on the criteria I gave myself which included a sans-serif that worked well in all caps. From there I continued to play with the orientation of the symbol and word and I played with the line weight.


< As for the name of my company I wanted to highlight the fact that each set of jewelry would be unique so I looked into how different languages said unique:
unik- Danish
unika- Swedish
kipekee- Swahili 
I chose unika to allow someone who doesn't speak the language to be able to guess that it means unique. I found that the version with the a reads more as a feminine company.

No comments:

Post a Comment